Forum Arda.sk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

:oznam: Začína sa pripravovať Zasadanie Senátu ST. Hlasovanie o dátume a predbežnú agendu nájdu Senátori v príslušnej téme. :saruman: :galadriel: :gandalf:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sociedad Tolkien Española  (Read 997 times)

Eruantalon

• Grammarhauptsturmführer
  • Biela Rada
  • Hraničiar
Re: Sociedad Tolkien Española
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2022, 09:37:02 pm »

And another email. (arrived cca week after the first one)
Very good days:
My name is Violeta Jaunez Rojas and I am the International Relations member of the Spanish Tolkien Society STE is a 30-year-old non-profit literary society that currently has about 800 members. Our objective is the promotion, dissemination and study of the work of J.R.R.  Tolkien. For this we hold events such as readings and meetings, organize workshops and activities and use our social network y dissemination channels.
Our partners include experts in various Tolkien-related fields and published writers. At the same time, STE is part of the largest podcast about Tolkien in Spanish in the world, Regreso a Hobbiton (10,000 downloads / episode);  and the biggest YouTuber on fantasy in Spanish, Kai47/Bernard Torelló(780,000 subscribers) is an active member of our society.

I would like to be in contact with you so that you can create new alliances and strengthen our connection through the work of the Professor. We are very excited to create new work links and be more connected by our societies. Any topic or idea is welcome and I will be happy to meet you.

And now I will share some interesting news with you:

We already have the 2021 Annual Memorandum and State of the Spanish Tolkien Society to share it with you:
https://www.sociedadtolkien.org/premio-ensayo-aelfwine/bases

«Ælfwine» Essay Awards 2022. We would love for you to be a part of our open contest. Our goal is to encourage and promote the knowledge and study of the life and work of J.R.R. Tolkien.
I share the bases of the contest:
https://www.sociedadtolkien.org/aelfwine-essay-awards-rules/

Also let you know our Scribd, with different files, such as the Gandalf or Ælfwine Awards, and especially the free volumes of our Estel Magazine
Cargas by Sociedad Tolkien Española | Scribd

The date of our beloved EstelCon, the annual meeting of members and non-members of the STE, is approaching and I wanted to share with you the website of the event:
          Estelcon 2022 - Inicio (sociedadtolkien.org)

Finally, we invite you to participate in our new Telegram group, called "Tolkien Societies of the World" in which if you are not yet participating in it, we want you to be a part right now. Up to two ambassadors from each Society in the world can participate. I share the link below:
https://t.me/+1RA_lTjtYUBhNWVk

Thank you very much and I remain attentive to the comments.
Best regards,

Tenna rato.

And again my (this time only late) reply:

Good evening, Violeta and thank you for reaching out!

I am not going to apologize (again) for late reply as you have already read my apologies yesterday. O:)
But I must say that the list of the activities of your society is impressive.

Our society exists only for 20 years, but in the last few years we are in the "Gondor of the late 3rd Age" state - we are only a shadow of our past. This is mostly because of work- and family-duties of our members which have no time and energy for other activities.
But nevertheless we are still alive and eager to connect with Tolkien enthusiasts from around the world.

As I wrote yesterday to Carlos, our Ambassadors will join your Telegram group soon and I am looking forward to the times where there will be more opportunities to connect and cooperate.

Have a nice evening.
Elen síla lúmenn' omentielvo!
Ranger is like God. His paths are unpredictible and lonely.
Say NO! to Láthspell.
Dobrá nálada nevyrieši vaše problémy, ale naserie toľko ľudí, že sa oplatí udržať si ju.

Eruantalon

• Grammarhauptsturmführer
  • Biela Rada
  • Hraničiar
Sociedad Tolkien Española
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2022, 07:17:02 pm »

Email from our new Spanish friends:
Hi, friends from Slovakia! I hope you are doing well.

My name is Carlos "Eärendil", president of the Spanish Tolkien Society. I'm writing to you because we're creating a Telegram group with representatives of Tolkien Societies from all around the world and we would like to have you among us.

We'll figure out together the best way to make use of this group, at the moment we are sharing activities, interviews and so on, but we hope it will be a powerful tool to get to know each other and to collaborate in the future. Right now we're already collaborating with the Tolkien Societies of Latin America, but a few weeks ago we could attend the yearly event of the German TS, and contacted the Dutch Tolkien Society because of its 200 magazine, and the Austrian TS because of its 20th anniversary.

Please, we kindly ask to send up to two of your members as ambassadors. So far we have 11  countries in our Telegram group: Brazil, Lithuania, Finland, Israel, Spain, Argentina, Bolivia, Chile, Perú, Italy and México.

We will wait for you! https://t.me/+zOtrrDbl1Qw1NTBk

Lots of hugs from Spain!

And my (very late) reply:
Hello Carlos and other friends from Spain!

At first - sorry for late reply. It's a vacation season here, so it is a bit complicated to get any administrative tasks done. :/

And now to the main point...
Thank you for the invitation to your Telegram group. It was not easy to find the Ambassadors, because Telegram is not very much used here, but we have finally found them and I hope that they will join you soon.

In the case that they need some kind of introduction, we are sending two of our members known to us as Shade and Melian. (But I am not sure about their nick on the Telegram.)
They are nice, friendly and well behaving, so I hope they will successfully represent our society. I believe you will meet them "in person" soon.

Best wishes from Slovakia!
Ranger is like God. His paths are unpredictible and lonely.
Say NO! to Láthspell.
Dobrá nálada nevyrieši vaše problémy, ale naserie toľko ľudí, že sa oplatí udržať si ju.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 22 queries.