Forum Arda.sk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

:oznam: Začína sa pripravovať Zasadanie Senátu ST. Hlasovanie o dátume a predbežnú agendu nájdu Senátori v príslušnej téme. :saruman: :galadriel: :gandalf:

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: invitation to mithlond, tolkien society of göteborg  (Read 14600 times)

ruby_gamgee

Re: invitation to mithlond, tolkien society of göteborg
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2008, 07:33:09 pm »

Yay, lots of people who want to come visit us in two years' time! There's going to be some kind of theme for this party, as there is for all our parties these days. I'm not quite sure what it's going to be yet, but I'll let you know. If you feel like partying before then (well who doesn't!) this autumn feast is annual so you'll have a chance next year too.

I've just asked the Powers That Be how we like to be addressed formally. It's probably something like "Grey Council, Lords and Ladies, all Mithlondrim!" but I'll get back to you on that. We're an off-shoot from Forodrim so we're pretty much like them structurally. How do you like to be addressed? What kind of structure or hierarchy do you have in your society?

Lothmíril

• Členovia ST
  • Keeper of the flame
    • SlavCon 2012
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2008, 07:59:21 am »

Yeah, the party sounds amazing, even back in Sweden I almost seriously considered staying till October :)
But as Eruantalon says, for this year, we already had our great holiday this year, and money, well...

2010, though, seems like a plan  8)

thank you very much for inviting us :)
"If anything appears too easy: Question it.
If anything appears too hard: Challenge it."

Frederico Hewitt Cruz, 9th November 2007

Eruantalon

• Grammarhauptsturmführer
  • Biela Rada
  • Hraničiar
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2008, 08:29:18 pm »

Hello!

We are mostly honoured by your invitation, but we (or me, at least...) have already spent all our "travelling time" for this year. You know - school/work duties, no time, no holiday, no money...

But the 2010 jubilee seems like a great opportunity to visit Sweden again. I am looking forward it.

BTW.. How exactly is your society hierarchy organised? I'd like to send you some "official gratulation" and it will look much better if I can use some of the titles your society uses. (For e.g. Forodrim has their High Council, Princesses, Princes, Dames, Lords, Commonners...)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 08:32:01 pm by Eruantalon »
Ranger is like God. His paths are unpredictible and lonely.
Say NO! to Láthspell.
Dobrá nálada nevyrieši vaše problémy, ale naserie toľko ľudí, že sa oplatí udržať si ju.

ruby_gamgee

invitation to mithlond, tolkien society of göteborg
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2008, 08:51:57 pm »

Greetings

Representatives from your society visited Sweden this summer, for the 36-yr anniversary of Forodrim. It was fantastic meeting tolkienists from outside Sweden and I hope you had a great time here too.

There are more Tolkien societies in Sweden and I represent one of them, Mithlond in Göteborg. Mithlond is a smallish society with some 50-100 active members. Our organisation is based on the Swedish model, with guilds that study different aspects of Middle-earth and Tolkienara. We also like to dress up and party.

We would like to invite you to our big annual party, the Autumn Feast, in October. It is a three-day celebration with guests from all the other societies in Sweden and neighbouring countries. We would be honoured and delighted if guests from further abroad would grace us with their presence.

Here follows some useful information.

Date: 3-5 October 2008

Location: Fjärås, some 50km south of Göteborg, situated on a big end-moraine and next to a spectacular Iron Age cemetery

Payments: SEK360, payed to Swedish PG 445 91 18-8
PlusGirot Nordea
IBAN SE22 9500 0099 6042 4459 1188
BIC/SWIFT NDEASESS

Contact: uk (at) mithlond (dot) se (Foreign Chancellor’s office)

Party web: http://www.gwindor.net/mithlond/numenor/eng.htm

If you would like to attend, please contact us before 1 September. If it is too far to travel, please consider our Jubilee in two years’ time, October 2010. Let us in any case keep in touch and exchange experiences in bringing Middle-earth to light and to life.

Yours humbly,
Ruby Gamgee/Helena Kiel
Foreign Chancellor for Mithlond
uk (at) mithlond (dot) se
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 22 queries.