Forum Arda.sk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

:oznam: Začína sa pripravovať Zasadanie Senátu ST. Hlasovanie o dátume a predbežnú agendu nájdu Senátori v príslušnej téme. :saruman: :galadriel: :gandalf:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Friends from Poland :)  (Read 4335 times)

Melethir

Re: Friends from Poland :)
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2009, 10:38:51 pm »

That's right.. There is TolkFolk too, but Arda is a bit different. There is no audience, and we prepare everything by ourselves, to let us feel the air of Middle-Earth. Of course I do not evaluate because both have different objectives.
As far as I know Arda 2010 is taking place in August (this year it was in the end, but now we are considering the middle or even beginning because it's getting colder during August's nights). What about the place... it is more complicated ;) Every year Arda was running in a different place. We discuss it every year and we try to find the best solution and also to learn more about unknown, beautiful places.

And there is also the gallery: http://arda.org.pl/galeria/ I hope it will encourage you to think about visiting Poland :)
If you have more questions don't hesitate and ask me there or simply write an e-mail: melethir@elendili.pl

We are focusing on this meeting, but many of us also are part of Elendili connected with TolkFolk.

All the best
Melethir Feanthalion

Eruantalon

• Grammarhauptsturmführer
  • Biela Rada
  • Hraničiar
Re: Friends from Poland :)
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2009, 07:32:32 pm »

Elen síla lúmenn' omentielvo!
Welcome to our forum.
I am glad to hear from our "brothers and sisters" from Poland. We have some contacts there (in Bielawa - we attend TolkFolk there for few years...), but I have always "dreamed" about widening the list of our north-neighbour-friends.

And concerning the Arda meeting - where and when is the next one taking place?

And now I have something to tell to the slovak tolkienists: Who s that mysterious guy? I have some suspects...  :aragorn:
Ranger is like God. His paths are unpredictible and lonely.
Say NO! to Láthspell.
Dobrá nálada nevyrieši vaše problémy, ale naserie toľko ľudí, že sa oplatí udržať si ju.

Melethir

Friends from Poland :)
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 06:37:31 pm »

Mae govannen :)
I am Melethir, also known as Feanthalion. I hope that English part of forum will develop to let us meet new Tolkien fans from other countries.
Last year I met in Scotland Slovakian guy who was totally keen on Tolkien books. Unfortunately he left to England and I returned to Poland but he let me know about Slovakian society interested in Middle-Earth literature.
I strongly recommend few websites like:
http://www.elendilion.pl/ - you can find here news in Polish, English and Russian
http://arda.org.pl/ - every year since 2004 fans of Tolkien are meeting - to be honest are moving to Tolkien's realm, but it is not a LARP. We try to create a mood of Tolkien's world, mood of Arda and everyone is invited. As far as we prepare English version of site I will let you know about it and I strongly believe you will be interested in visiting Poland to attend ARDA the Gathering ;).

I look forward to hear from you!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 19 queries.